The Most Annoying Time of the Year

Christmas is known worldwide as a time of gathering and togetherness. However, what if you want a break from all of the festivities? I love Christmas, but from movies to television, it seems like it takes over the world.  Companies come out with Holiday themed commercials, broadcasting networks play Christmas movies, and even some apps on my phone change to be holiday themed.  Sometimes I need a break. I have never missed sweating during the summer as much as now. People also use the holidays as an excuse to get together more often. Sometimes I need to sit at home alone in a pitch black room, and now I barely have the chance to do that. The idea of Christmas has changed so much over the years because of media. The "Christmas Season" is beginning earlier and earlier that stores are starting to sell decorations from as early as October. My neighbor put up decorations BEFORE Thanksgiving.  Like imagine going to your uncle's house for Thanksgiving dinner and seeing a big inflatable Santa in the yard.  The media has greatly inflated the idea of Christmas and now as the end of the year approaches, it's the only thing that people talk about. I still like Christmas though, just not the idea that we all have to be cheery and christmassy.

Comments

  1. I personally agree with you completely. I think that Christmas does get so much attention compared to all the other holidays. I honestly think people only like it so much because they get presents and to go on trips. Also, theres no school. I think people use Christmas the wrong way, since it really is supposed to be all about family and spending time together, however people are always just opening presents, then literally just with their friends the rest of the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts