AirPods Pro? How About AirPods NO! 😂😳😌

Do you speak broke?  Now I speak even broker after Apple released the new AirPod Pros.  Now, you can pay 50 more dollars for two little silicone caps so you don't have to listen to anyone or anything around you.  They also made the case longer and shorter.  I love my Apple products, but it seems like their designs are becoming very similar to Samsung's. When you look at details on the website, you are met with a 10 minute power point presentation on how the AirPod Pros are noise cancelling and how they made them noise cancelling and how noise cancelling is so great and how noise cancelling has never been done before, and how they made their own noise cancellers, ect.  I think it's outrageous how Apple marks up its products just because of the name.  Even though I use Apple, I feel like they are somewhat overrated, and are so widely used because everyone has an apple phone.  As long as the majority of the population uses Apple, Apple will be able to overcharge people with its products.  I don't think I would ever be able to use a product other than Apple, but I still think they charge too much for what you get.  Like, ok I can open my phone with my face. Big deal. I think Apple accomplished economical success just by being the trendy phone that everyone gets.

If you want to see how the AirPods can cancel out noise, you can read the website below:
https://www.apple.com/airpods-pro/?afid=p238%7CsoMhByjUO-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_397667151981_pgrid_87272266274_&cid=aos-us-kwgo---slid---product-

Comments

  1. I agree that apple products are overpriced just because of the name and I think that another company could sell the exact same product for much less. I also think that the new design of the airpods case looks kinda weird. The square shape of the case is appealing as opposed to the short fat one. I also think that part of the apple brand is focused on not only excellent technology, but also their cool look. The new airpod cap makes it look kind of like a knock-off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you compared the new Air Pod pros to an older Samsung product. It really highlights how hyped up Apple is by popular culture. It relates to what we learned in class about buying a product as a way into a "cult," or at least to feel accepted by the masses. However, I also relate to the part of your article where you confess to also being a part of this cult. I have also never considered buying an electronic product that wasn't Apple, and I probably won't in the future. Learning about this has really made me conscious of that decision, and shown me just what I value. I understand now just how difficult it is to actually free yourself from this mindset and break away from the popular path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miles you're totally right about Apple's control over technology markets. They were the first company to create modern technology and they've used that to completely implement their products into today's society. We bought the iPod nano and the first iPhone, and eventually we developed a sense of loyalty to Apple. Today there are other brands that work just as well as Apple and have better cameras and better deals, but its impossible to switch away from a company that has been such a huge part of our lives. Apple definitely uses our blind loyalty to increase prices and convince us that we need every new product that they manufacture. The entire concept of having only one port for earphones and a charger was introduced to trick consumers into buy AirPods. Instead of letting us see AirPods as a scam, Apple spent millions of dollars on advertisement to convince us that AirPods were really created because its customers deserve to have the latest invention for the peak listening experience. The sad part is, countless people understand that AirPods were only invented so Apple could make more money and they're still buy them. We think other, knockoff AirPods look weird and the concept of buying Samsung AirPods or "Samsung Galaxy Buds" makes be kinda sick. Even though I know that Apple is only a capitalist company that will manipulate its customers into buying anything just so long as they profit, I'm still asking for AirPods this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The begining of this made me laugh, so thats good but I agree with this post. I personally think Apple products are great and I probably wont use anything else, although very overpriced. With the whole Airpod Pro thing, I think it was so unnecessary they just had to come out with something knew to continue their buisness and hopeffull rack in a couple more dollars. To be honest I have the original Airpods and they're fine and have lasted me over a year and continue to work good. I think the actual ear peices of the air pod pros look so cheap with the silicone. I hope they are more comforatble and have a lot better sound that the orginals because if they don't, I honestly think they are a big waste of money. Anyways I loved your blog post and definitlye wont be purchasing the new airpods anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts