Post on "The Persuaders" Movie


The Persuaders is a documentary on how companies use commercials and ads to try and persuade consumers to buy their products. We learned the many techniques that go into ads, for example creating an artistic commercial that doesn't relate to the product at all, and the thinking behind making commercials.  Appealing to the audience's emotion seems to work best in the advertising industry, and that's exactly what commercials are starting to steer towards.  I personally learned a lot from this documentary, because I wasn't aware that the advertisers actually thought about how we would react and how we would respond emotionally to the ads.  I thought they just thought about what looks and sounds nice and slapped it on a picture.  I also realized that persuasion has become a part of my everyday life because I'm exposed to it so often.  Persuasion is all around us constantly and many of us don't notice it.

Comments

Popular Posts